Sunday, October 21

26 Children's Literary Genres

I was planning for next week and realized that I keep making posters for each genre of literature that I am teaching each week.  I know there are some posters already out there but I also wanted some other resources like bookmarks and journal glossary cards.  So I decided to make a big ol' pack of resources to teach 26 of the children's literary genres.  I found the cutest clip art and have to say that the posters turned out super cute!  For each genre I made an instructional poster, a bookmark and a journal card for our writing journal glossaries. Here's a list of all the genres included:
Fiction
Drama
Fable
Fairy Tale
Fantasy
Folktale
Historical Fiction
Horror
Humor
Legend
Mystery
Mythology
Poetry
Realistic Fiction
Science Fiction
Short Story
Tall Tale
Non-Fiction
Biography
Autobiography
Essay
Narrative Non-Fiction
Speech
Recipe
How-To
Pourquoi Tale
You can check out the pack by clicking the picture below.
I would love to give away a FREE copy but I know it's not fair to always say the first person who comments soooo...comment below on your FAVORITE literary genre and I will choose a winner tomorrow night using the random number generator.  My favorite is fairy tales : )

12 comments:

Tania said...

I have to say biographies are my favorite. i love learning facts about 'important people'.
Tania
jknapp6@gmail.com

Mrs. Campbell said...

Tall tale stories are fun to teach. You can include mapping skills while learning about these fun characters.

Cindy
Cindy.campbell@vcslearn.org

KWintuska said...

This is fantastic. Well done! I love mysteries :)

KWintuska
katewintuska@insightbb.com

Miss Foote said...

Fantasy...although that a new development in the past few years.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee
jubileerae@gmail.com

Miss VerSteeg said...

This pack looks wonderful! My personal favorite genre is 'recipe' -- I pin those babies on Pinterest like crazy! :) My favorite genre to read with my students is mystery.

Thanks,
Cathy VerSteeg
cathy@missversteeg.com
www.missversteeg.com

Liz said...

I love mysteries!
Liz
Teaching in the Valley

julie said...

I love tall tales and fairy tales

julia
juliasmajdek@ccs.k12.nc.us

luckeyfrog said...

Historical fiction is probably my favorite. I love feeling like I'm time traveling and becoming part of the historical event!

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad
luckeyfrogslilypad@gmail.com

Mrs. Phillips said...

My favorite is mysteries !

Lindsey - lmburto@gmail.com
http://phillipsecondgradestories.blogspot.com/

Alexandra said...

Mysteries are always be favorite -- I like trying to figure it out! Great posters!

Ali

Morgan said...

Fantasy!!!!! Always! :) LOTR, Narnia, Harry Potter, Hunger Games (dystopian/sci-fi, but fantasy too)....love them all!

Karen F. said...

I love Fairy Tales!! So much you can do with them and my kiddos get into it too :-)
Thanks for the creative work and for the chance at winning!! Cumberland County is not to far from where I work and live ;-)
Karen
tommysmom0206@yahoo.com

Post a Comment